Primrose Choir raise thousands of pounds each year for Primrose Hospice with members giving their time and voices for free. If you’d like to see the choir perform, or even hire the choir for your own function, you can find all the details here.
About the choir
The Choir gives four public concerts a year.
The public concerts also showcases the talents of local school choirs. Tickets for all the Choir’s Concerts are available on 01527 557157 and 01527 501797 and via the Fundraising Team.
Hire the choir
The choir performs for organisations or individuals all over North East Worcestershire. They are available at all times of day and can provide entertainment for any kind of social occasion. The repertoire is varied with an emphasis on light music. They perform all kinds of events including:
- Memorial services
- After-dinner concerts
- Garden parties
- Birthdays and anniversaries
- Corporate events
- Club events
To book the choir, please contact Anita on 07737317493.
The choir has an arrangement with all the local Funeral Directors to sing at funerals if any family wants a choir to be there. This can be a great support to the bereaved, particularly when the congregation is small. The repertoire contains a number of pieces suitable for such serious occasions.
History of the choir
- The choir was started in April 2000 by Kay Hadley, previous musical director, to raise funds for Primrose Hospice
- From the original small group, the choir has grown over the years with substantial soprano and alto sections and a strong group of tenors and basses.
- The members have joined for widely varying reasons and all have found it a great source and support.
- The choir has raised tens of thousands of pounds for the hospice
- The choir gives four public concerts a year, alongside many private performances.
- The current Musical Director is now, Ruth Henley.
Joining the choir
New members are warmly welcomed. No audition or previous singing experience is required. All that is needed is that members should enjoy singing and want to support the hospice.
The Choir practices on Wednesday evenings at Primrose Hospice & Family Support Centre from 7.00pm – 8.30pm.
The first two visits for potential new members is free, membership is then £4 per session thereafter. Everyone is welcome.
The choir has breaks over Christmas, Easter and Summer.
Contact the choir
If you would like to book or join the choir, please contact Anita on 07737317493.
Tickets for all the choir’s concerts are available on 01527 67383, 01527 501797 and via the Hospice Fundraising Team.