Remember someone special this Christmas and dedicate a light in their memory
Lights of Love is for everyone who has someone they wish to remember at this special time of year.
Lights of Love is for everyone who has someone they wish to remember at Christmas time.
Through Lights of Love, the whole community join together to remember and celebrate the lives and precious memories of those who were close to us. In doing so, you will be supporting Primrose, ensuring the outstanding care and support continues to be available for you or your family should you need it.
By having a visual and symbolic light shining on one of our special Christmas Trees this helps us all to embrace the memories we shared with our loved ones who are no longer with us.
You can dedicate as many lights as you wish to, and we shall record each tribute in one of our remembrance books (please note deadlines on the below).
The books are placed around our Christmas trees in Bromsgrove, Redditch, Rubery and at other locations within our community.
To have your loved one included in the order of service booklets and our 1st remembrance book please send in your dedication no later than Saturday 16th November.
A 2nd remembrance book will then be displayed from Friday 13th December. To be included in this book please send in your dedication no later than Saturday 7th December.
At Primrose, we understand how important it is to remember those who have died and to peacefully reflect on their lives and warmly invite you to join with us at one of our special remembrance services.
New for this year is a Carols by Candlelight service which is being held at Primrose on the 19th December where you will also be able to view a complete remembrance book.
- Bromsgrove Methodist Centre on Saturday 23rd November – 3.30pm Lights of Love service and 5.00pm Blessing of the Bromsgrove Christmas Tree outside Asda
- St Stephens Church, Redditch on Saturday 24th November – 2.00pm Lights of Love service
- Rubery Town Centre on Saturday 30th November – 5.00pm Christmas Tree blessing and official lights switch on
- Beacon Church Centre, Rubery on Sunday 1st December – 4.00pm Lights of Love service
- Carols by Candlelight at Primrose Hospice on Thursday 19th December – 6.00pm carol service
From 20th November our remembrance books will be displayed during the festive season in the following locations:
- Bromsgrove remembrance books: Placed around the Christmas tree outside Asda, Market Street and in Bromsgrove Methodist Centre and at Thomas Brothers Funeral Directors.
- Redditch remembrance books: Placed in the Kingfisher Shopping Centre beside our Christmas Tree and in Redditch Crematorium and also with Thomas Brothers Funeral Directors.
- Rubery remembrance book: This will be available from 30th November and will be placed on the information board by our Christmas Tree on the High Street.
The remembrance book will be updated on Friday 13th December.
The easiest and simplest way of making your dedication is online, you can also send it by post or pop into Primrose or one of our Charity shops or give us a ring on 01527 889796.
Last year we were thrilled to raise over £37,000 through our Lights of Love campaign. Your support ensures that we can maintain our outstanding care in your local community. Your generosity really does make a difference to our work and we hope that you are able to support us this year.
Lights of Love 2019 is proudly supported by: