Remember someone special this Christmas and dedicate a light in their memory
Lights of Love is for everyone who has someone they wish to remember at this special time of year.
At Christmas time our thoughts often turn to those who are no longer with us to share the festive season. Through Lights of Love, the whole community join together to remember and celebrate the lives and memories of our loved ones. Lights of Love is not exclusive to those that have accessed the services at Primrose.
Every year Lights of Love helps us all to remember those who are no longer with us. To have a light shining on one of our special Christmas trees is a visual and symbolic way of keeping memories alive, whilst also helping to ensure we can continue to care for people in your local community when they need us.
As Christmas approaches, we look back on happy memories, but it can also bring with it some sadness and grief. At Primrose, we understand how important it is to remember those who have died and to peacefully reflect on their lives.
You can dedicate as many lights as you wish to, and we shall record each dedication in one of our remembrance books which are placed around our Christmas trees in Bromsgrove, Redditch, Rubery, Primrose Hospice and at other various locations within our community.
This year, we will be holding four very special remembrance services which everyone is warmly invited to, new for this year is a Carols by Candlelight service which is being held at Primrose on the 19th December.
To have your loved one included in the order of service booklets at one of our remebrance services please send in your dedication by Saturday 9th November.
The remembrance books are updated each week to include the dedications received up to and including Saturday of the previous week.
Please make sure your dedication reaches us by Saturday 7th December, to be included in the final book before Christmas.
- Bromsgrove Methodist Centre on Saturday 23rd November – 3.30pm Lights of Love service and 5.00pm Blessing of the Bromsgrove Christmas Tree outside Asda
- St Stephens Church, Redditch on Saturday 24th November – 2.00pm Lights of Love service
- Rubery Town Centre on Saturday 30th November – 5.00pm Christmas Tree blessing and official lights switch on
- Beacon Church Centre, Rubery on Sunday 1st December – 4.00pm Lights of Love service
- Carols by Candlelight at Primrose Hospice on Thursday 19th December – 6.00pm carol service
From 23rd November our books will be displayed during the festive season in the following locations:
- Bromsgrove remembrance books: Placed around the Christmas tree outside Asda, Market Street and in Bromsgrove Methodist Centre and at Thomas Brothers Funeral Directors.
- Redditch remembrance books: Placed in the Kingfisher Shopping Centre beside our Christmas Tree and in Redditch Crematorium and also with Thomas Brothers Funeral Directors.
- Rubery remembrance book: This will be available from 30th November and will be placed on the information board by our Christmas Tree on the High Street.
The easiest and simplest way of making your dedication is online (details to be available soon) you can also send it by post or pop into one of our Charity shops or give us a ring on 01527 889796.
Last year we were thrilled to raise over £37,000 through our Lights of Love campaign. Your support ensures that we can maintain our outstanding care in your local community. Your generosity really does make a difference to our work and we hope that you are able to support us this year.
Lights of Love 2019 is proudly supported by: